Saturday, June 23, 2007

i have been idling for the past three weeks. i cannot recall a single activity since i have returned that can be considered as adding value to the lives of anyone around me (apart from the heavy injection of cashflow into the singapore economy). yet there is a certain value and importance in this idleness. projecting the next twenty years of selling my life to the corporate devil, i will be working like a donkey. not to mention more years of studying should i intend to sneak back to college to catch a breath. life after this long summer vacation will cease to be the same. how often will i ever get to laze around at home waking up late, read the papers over coffee and cereal, watch endless online television (thank god for youtube). or the liberty to pick up the telephone and meet up with someone i haven't seen in a while. or the inspiration to casually write for personal pleasure. So idling is a luxury and i choose to treasure it.

Speaking of which, so as i was busy attending gatherings and meet ups, it suddenly hits me that i have exhausted nearly all of my summer vacation. In a week's time, I'm going to wear my corporate bondage and slave myself in beijing. oh, I just came to receive the details of my intern working hours. A typical 9 to 6 corporate life with an estimated 3 hours(horror) of travelling per day (given beijing's tragic traffic condition). As soon as i read through the details, it suddenly occurred to me that this may be the end of my social life for the next 6 mths. So if you love me and you care for my social well-being, do ask to meet me. =) and we will have dinner. or lunch. or whatever suits your fancy. (probably not breakfast). those in singapore and the states, CALL me when you are free--->I'm making myself very clear yea? =p